Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The High King

What a confusing book! When the most powerful weapon in the country, a magical sword, falls into the hands of Arawn, Death Lord, Taran, future High King of the kingdom, and his companions have to search for it and fight the Cauldron Born. Truth be told if this wasn't a Newbery I probably would not have read it and I most likely would have given up by chapter 2 if I had. But, part of the Newbery project is reading books that aren't going to be favorites. I also didn't like it because it had the same plot.

Rating: *

2 comments:

  1. Have you read the other books in the series? This is the last one, and it's much more interesting if you've already spent time with the characters in other books.
    --Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't read the other books, that might have helped. It turns out that this was one of my dad's favorite series growing up. I might give them a try in order.
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete