Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Joyful Noise

This is the other poem book that won the Newbery. Children that have been assigned to read a Newbery, any Newbery, would probably choose one of the poem books because they are short. This is not the only reason you would like to read theses books; they are very good books, they won an award for just that reason. My favorite poem in this book is Book Lice. I particularly liked this poem because it is about what I love more than anything else in the world, except my family, books. Remember: READ THIS BOOK OUT LOUD WITH A FRIEND OR PARENT. DO NOT try to read it in your head or out loud to yourself; after all it is Joyful Noise: Poems for TWO Voices.

Rating: *****

1 comment:

  1. In the same 3rd grade classroom, where we read "Despereaux" we also performed several of the poems from this book (I think I remember loving the Whirligig one the best).

    ReplyDelete