Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Lightning Thief

Did you ever want to learn about Greek Mythology without being bored?  If so, this is the book for you!  Percy Jackson, whose ADHD and dyslexia have the most interesting cause, has an amazing adventure, which would have been fun to read on its own, but the fact that the adventure is tied to all sorts of the BIG stories in mythology makes it extra interesting.  Like lots of adventure stories, this one talks about learning about yourself and the importance of friendship, but this is not your run of the mill adventure.  After this book I am fascinated by Greek Mythology.  I'm sure this is a series that I will keep reading! 
Rating: *****

5 comments:

  1. I love this book too!

    My favorite part in the book was when Percy, Annabeth and Grover went down to Hades' kingdom. I got kinda scared when the magic shoes almost took Grover to his death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved this book and it should be in the top ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite part of the book is when they go on the quest to bring the gods to peace.
    I also like the part where the have to fight the three headed dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This series is ah-maz-ing! Riordan is an awesome author. You should try his other series too.

    -Georgana

    ReplyDelete