Tuesday, March 30, 2010

From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Baisle E. Frankwieler

This book is by one of my FAVORITE authors! E. L. Konigsburg just can't be beat (well, she probably ties Richard Peck and J K Rowling). Her other Newbery winner, A View From Saturday, has a complex format, making the story great to read. The idea behind this story is also grand, who would not love to live in a museum? As an added bonus their is a mystery to solve. I read this book the summer between Kindergarten and First grade, but it is the type of book you can read more than once.


Rating: *****

4 comments:

  1. Laura,

    This was my favorite book when I was your age. I cannot wait to read it again. Only 35 more Newbery Medalists to read before I get there :-)

    Elyse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it. That simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read this book yet, but my friend Meredith was reading it one day, and suggested it. Next time I'm at my library, I'll look for it!

    :) STELLABEE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it, read it, and loved it! I can't wait to read it agin.


      :) STELLABEE

      Delete