Friday, March 4, 2011

Pippi Longstocking

It has been a while since I read this book and I remember above all how much I loved it.  I especially liked Pipi's spunky personality and determination.  I enjoyed how strong Pipi was and even though the book was written in 1945 it definently felt like Pipi wasn't limited to doing only things that were appropriate for girls to do.  I found it funny how Pipi went on adventures, like the time Tommy and Annika, two of Pipi's friends, introduced Pipi to school and formal education.  I was amazed how she didn't know about any of those things before.  I think that kids, especially girls will continue to love this book and it definatly isn't outdated.

Rating:  *****

1 comment:

  1. I loved Pippi as a girl, too. Have you read the rest of the Pippi books?

    ReplyDelete