Saturday, January 16, 2010

Miracles on Maple Hill

One of my readers said she was about to read this book, so I thought I would review it. Marly, a young girl, moves with her family to the country to cope with her father's post-traumatic stress syndrome. She learns that living in the country isn't so bad as long as you have friends and family. Her close friends the Crises teach her that lesson. When Mr. Cris has a heart atack during sugaring time, Marly and her family step up to help Mrs. Cris. Mr. Cris tastes the sugar and says that he could tell no difference when he returns home. I liked this writing style a lot. The story seemed confusing at times, but it all pulled together in the end.

Rating: *****

I hope you like it as much as I do, Judy.

2 comments:

  1. Laura, I did like it! So much! I felt that I was right there in the sugar bush and the summer fields. And the ending is just perfect. Wouldn't it be great if all the Newburys were that good?
    Love, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, it would be nice if they were all that good. Then I would not have had to suffer with The Dark Frigate ugggggggg! Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete