Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

I almost always read books before watching movies based on the book.  And I almost always like the book better than the movie.  A few weeks ago my family and I watched the newish Alice and Wonderland movie (the one with Johny Depp) .  When we were talking about the movie after it was over, it came up that I had not yet read the book and in fact I had seen two movies based on the Alice story without having read the book!  Well now I have read the book and it turns out, I like the book better than the movies.  The word play was so much more fun in the book than what you can hear in a movie.  You can't hear the way words like weather and whether are spelled and sometimes they can be confused.  I loves the puns and really wacky characters.  I really liked singing along to the Mock Turtle song because I listened to this book as an audiobook on a family day trip to Cincinatti.  Great fun!

Rating:  *****

1 comment:

  1. I am finally reading Alice in Wonderland myself. I've never liked this book and honestly, don't love it now. But I want to read it because I think one of my characters likes it. Guess I should learn to love it, too!

    ReplyDelete