Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Love That Dog

I liked Love That Dog by Sharon Creech  because it showed how Jack changed over the year.  He is a typical boy because he is reluctant to write poetry.  Jack thinks that writing is a "girl subject" and that he, as a boy, doesn't need to do it.  The poems in the book make the words flow along perfectly.  It did seem like it could have had more detail, though.  I think this is a great book for all genders and ages, but especially for boys in grades 3-8 that think that like to write but think they are the only ones.

Rating:  *****

1 comment:

  1. Laura,

    I love this book and the sequel, (Hate That Cat)! I read them every year with my reading classes. I think the details that are left the reader make the book more interesting and thought provoking.

    PatPat

    ReplyDelete