Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Hobbit

When Bilbo Baggins, a hobbit, goes on an adventure with a group of dwarfs and a wizard, he doesn't know who he is or what he is. The most obvious answers to these questions are: he is an average young man and he is a hobbit. But no. In this book, J.R.R. Tolkien shows you how wrong you are when you think that simply about Bilbo. Bilbo has adventures which entertained me for hours. I liked this book because there was always another adventure just around the corner. Every child should read this book, but I think that adults would enjoy it just as much.


Rating: *****

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite books and one of my favorite authors. I am so glad to hear that you liked it so much! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Laura, adults definitely enjoy it just as much as kids - which is why I read this book first as a kid, and then every year since! I'm glad to see it got a 5-star rating from you!

    I would also like to get a look at your top-15 Newbery list! When will you unveil that?
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief is a really great book why do you think it is number 21?

    ReplyDelete