Saturday, January 9, 2010

When You Reach Me

What an overwhelming book! It is amazing that one book can pack in some much! This book talks about parents, growing up, time travel, epilepsy, homelessness, mental illness, and death. The book is about Miranda, a young girl who is struggling with the loss of her closest, and only, friend. This book is so complicated I can't tell you anymore about it without giving it away. No one would want to turn this book down. Even though it seems complicated when you look back at it, it all makes sense while you read it. It is complicated in a really unique and awesome way.

Rating: *****

7 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your review. One thing I found most interesting about the book was that the concept of not missing something you've never had is brought up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,
    I did find that interesting. That is one of my favorite parts of the book, always finding something new and interesting as you reread it. Thank you for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree this book is super confusing ... but I love. It has like messages to go along with the confusion and that makes it so much fun to read. the way you talk about the book is amazing and it is so interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love this book! I even got my dad to read it, and he ordered so many copies for the Notre Dame Bookstore (where he works)
    Loooooooovvvvveee this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I agree--This is a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laura, I just started reading "When You Reach me". It did start with some confusion, but I know it'll get more exciting as I go on. I know because the bloggers and even my teacher said that it's a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing book! Do visit my blog too.

    ReplyDelete