Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Charlotte's Web

Some Pig (made out of canned foods) at the Indiana State Fair
This may be a shocking bit of news, but until this past week I had never read Charlotte's Web.  I am not sure how this came to be, but last week my Aunt forced it upon me and I devoured it in less than a day. You will not be surprised to learn that I LOVED it.  My favorite part was when Wilbur got out of his pen at the farm and ran wild.  I loved how Wilbur and Charlotte work together and use the power of words to save Wilbur.  I also really liked Fern, with whom I have a lot in common because I show pigs at my county fair too. I hope that you don't wait as long as I did because it is  "some book"!

Rating: *****

5 comments:

  1. Laura, I still remember my third grade teacher reading ( the 1950's method of books on tape) Charlotte's Webb to the class after lunch with our heads on our desks. It is a wonderful memory of a very special book. I am glad you have added it to your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some book! Good word,Laura.

    You seriously have the power of words.

    There are some books that I feel embarrassed to admit I never read. I tried Alice in Wonderland but just couldn't like it. And there are a lot of others that I probably should have read but haven't.

    But just looking at your blog theme remind me that there are way too many books for any of us ever to get around to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, I'm so glad you like this book. E.B. White wrote some wonderful essays that I hope you will enjoy reading when you are older. Have you read "The Wind in the Willows"? That was a book I never read as a kid, but adore now as a grown up. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, Laura, what is exactly your favorite book?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura! My favorite book is Charlotte's Web too. My favorite part is when Fern saves Wilbur from getting killed by her father just because he was smaller than the other pigs.

    ReplyDelete