Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Chronicles of Narnia

My research teacher started reading The Voyage of the Dawn Treader out loud to our class last week, so I decided to write a post on the series.  The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe was the only book that made it onto the Top 100 list, but I still remember loving them all.  They are more popular than ever because of the movies being made about the series.  When I was really little, my dad would read the books out loud to my brother Matthew and I.  I loved hearing about the adventures of Peter, Susan, Lucy, and Edmund Pevensie, four children who enter the world of Narnia, where animals talk and mystical creatures behave like civilized human beings.  I hope that all of you enjoy these books so much that you read them to your children and the children at your library!

Rating:  *****

4 comments:

  1. You are so lucky that your dad read to you and your brother! Great way to gain a love for reading.

    Thanks for sharing that with others.

    Would you belive I've never read the Narnia series. I have seen the movie of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe with my own children - quite often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie W. Berwyn Public LibrarySeptember 2, 2010 at 8:47 PM

    That's a goal that I've aspired to for a long time. Wow! I am impressed. Being a Youth Services Librarian at a public library, your accomplishment is heartening. Keep on reading, Laura!
    P.S. You have terrific parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite books in the world! My dad read the whole series out loud to me, too, and so Aslan will always have his voice in my head. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite book of all time!

    ReplyDelete