Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The View From Saturday


This is one of the Newbery's I read before starting my blog.  I liked this book a lot because in the beginning it seems like the author is writing separate short stories, but in the end they all tie together when all of the kids join the same club. A lot of my friends read this book for school last year, and they hated it. For me it ranks eighth best Newbery. They didn't like the complexity of joining together the stories in the middle (where you get the first clues that it really is one story). I like books you have to pay attention to and get to enjoy at the same time and this is that type of book.

Rating: *****

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my all-time favorite books! I loved how the four very different kids came together and something so amazing for each other and for their teacher. It inspired me and the intertwining stories kept it very engaging.

    ReplyDelete