Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Live in a Little House on the Prairie

I live in a Little House on the Prairie and my name is Laura Elizabeth, maybe this has something to do with my love of reading and books, and it probably almost guaranteed that I would LOVE the Little House on the Prairie books by Laura Elizabeth Ingalls Wilder.  And I do LOVE them, Little House in the Big Woods, Little House on the Prairie, and On the Banks of Plum Creek are on the FUSE Top 100 list.   These stories are a wonderful mix of growing up, historical fiction and memoir.  I wished I was Laura, with Mary by my side and listening to Pa's fiddle, my mom said she felt the same way when she read them.  These books are wonderful and a great series to read when you start reading chapter books.  Have any of you been the the stage show?  I think anyone who is named Laura and who lives in a little house on the Prairie should get to go...HINT Mom and Dad.

Rating:  *****

3 comments:

  1. Laura, I just love reading your blog. I have sold all these books you write about because of my job at a bookstore and it means so much to me to get the reactions and views of a reader who is of the age group the books were written for.
    In this post and the last few, I noticed that your reviewing skills have taken a leap forward and I wanted to give you a shout out for achieving that! (I am also a book reviewer-). Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy,
    Thank you for the amazing compliment, I think reading and writing is helping me to become a better writer. I hope to continue to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Laura
    I'm glad that we met yesterday at the White House event. Have fun on your trip today. I can't wait to hear all about it. Your new friend, Carissa

    ReplyDelete