Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Giver

When I read this book I was amazed about how deep it is. The little boy goes through so much pain because of his job/role in the society. Many adults would like this book, but most children under the age of 12 would have a really hard time understanding it. The Giver would be a great book for winning the young adult equivalent to the Newbery, but, instead, it won the Newbery, for being a great book for children. It is one of those books that makes you think while you’re reading it, after you read it, and while you’re rereading it. This book is similar to The City of Ember, children don’t get to choose what job they want, and it made me think about social justice. When I read other books, I like to see how many connections I can make with this one. The Giver is a book to make you think.


Rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment