Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hatchet

Brian Robeson's wilderness survival story made me excited to read the rest of the series.  I still haven't read Brian's Winter, Brian's Return, Brian's Hunt, or The River, but I might start on one soon.  My brother liked this book a lot because of the outdoorsy parts, and I liked it because of the language uses.  Mr. Paulsen used a great vocabulary while still making it seem like a teenage boy could say the things that Brian says.  I think that this series is a must-read for every teenage boy (and most girls).  I admit that this book would be more appealing to boys than girls, but I still think that this would be a great book for classes to read together.

Rating:  ****

1 comment:

  1. I remember reading this book when I was in fifth grade, as well as The River! A friend and I did a skit based on a scene in the The River as part of a class project, dressing up in our older brothers' clothes. That was a long time ago, but I still remember it clearly. Good times!

    ReplyDelete