Sunday, January 30, 2011

Moon Over Manifest

When this book was announced as the 2011 Newbery, I was surprised because I had never heard of it. I quickly ordered a copy and have a free one coming soon. When the first copy came, I immediately started reading and loved it!!! I like how some of Abilene’s story was told in 1918 and some of it was set in 1936. This was an interesting approach to historical fiction, and I have never read a book quite like it. Moon Over Manifest is Abilene Tucker’s story of finding out who she is and where she came from. I think it is very impressive that a first-time author won the Newbery and it means that LOTS of people will read her book. I think that this book is deserving of the award and can’t wait to start reading potintial picks for next year!

Rating: *****

4 comments:

  1. Okay, Laura - where does Moon rank in your Newbery list? Hopefully higher than Holes! =)
    -Sam B. from CIncinnati

    ReplyDelete
  2. Close to the top, I will get it edited soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally LOVE this book! I really felt like I was there with Abilene.
    P.S. I love your blog, too! It is awesome. I love to read, so this is the perfect place for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what is your favorite book this is a very good one too.

    ReplyDelete