Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sarah, Plain and Tall

 One of the first Newbery's I read (in Kindergarten) I remember thinking I was reading a "big girl book", now I realize it is short. This story of a mail order bride who ends up falling in love with the family and they with her is sweet fun. In my family we talk about how this book is similar to my mom, she fell in love with my dad on the internet and moved to the middle of nowhere to marry him. My brother and I came later.                          
                                       Rating: *****

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this book!
    I read your site almost every night, before bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, I read it when I was in 4th grade. Even though it's a short book, it's still great and fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read "Sarah Plain and Tall." That's a good book. I remember reading it in the fourth grade. Did you also read "Through Grandpa's Eyes" by Patricia MacLachlan? I really did not get the point of that book. I did not even know how the grandfather got blind.

    ReplyDelete