Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Where the Red Fern Grows

This book is one of the best I have ever read. It is also probably the best book with a main character that is a boy that I have read. Billy's story of his adventures with Little Ann and Old Dan was very exciting. I thought that the ending was majorly sad, but I knew it was coming because of the looking back that was in the first chapter.
SPOILER ALERT!!!


My favorite part was when Billy found the dogs tramping in a circle around the tree withe the coon it took to win the golden cup. I also really liked it when Little Ann won the beautiful dog contest

(You can look now) This was a really great book and I am super glad that my class red it!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Cool! I have never read it before...but my mom has and she enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book last year. It was astonishing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was my favorite book growing up (and I certainly wasn't the reader you currently are). Now with two dogs of my own, I'm going to have to go back and reread it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi and Congratulations! I have just awarded you the Kreativ Bloggers Award. Read about the award at my blog, Cupcake Speaks. Keep on blogging!
    Love and licks,
    Cupcake
    http://www.cupcakepetrillo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura,
    Your blog is fascinating! I love reading all your reviews, and it's so organized! Congratulations on an awesome job.

    I like to read Where the Red Fern Grows to my students. I've read it to third graders and junior highers. I cry every time I read it aloud. It is one of my favorites too.

    I have a Children's Literature blog that I would love it if you would consider being a guest writer for--perhaps sharing more about your Newbery Medal challenge. I would love it if some of my students took that challenge! I personally have started and stopped that goal several times in my life. Perhaps you have just rekindled that goal for me!

    Here is a link to the Children's Literature blog. Let me know with a comment if you would like to consider it. Here are the Writer's Guidelines.

    Thanks, Laura! Keep up the awesome reviews!

    Denise Krebs

    ReplyDelete