Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Very Newbery Christmas

I had a VERY Newbery Christmas! To start out I got five of them I haven't read yet, The Story of Mankind, The Dark Frigate, Young Fu, Adam of the Road, and Invincible Louisa. The copy of The Story of Mankind I got was the first edition, the edition that actually won the Newbery. My extended family had a contest to create ornaments that represented the creator. Mine is show to the left. I took a wooden N, cut out covers of Newbery Winners, and then glued them together. My N won Most Creative. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you got a first edition of The Story of Mankind! I have not read it yet, but now I feel inspired to. I can't wait to hear what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your ornament!

    ReplyDelete