Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Wind in the Door

"Every time a star goes out, another Echthros has won a battle."

Echthros and Echthroi? Cherubim? Mitochondria (okay, we do know what those are now, but when this book was written?)? Farandolae? Namers? Dragons? Giants? If only one book in the world could be confusing, this book would be it! In my family, curing mitochondrial disease would be worth the world. I hope that someday science fiction will become science fact. I wish it was as easy as Madeleine L'Engle makes it sound... A Wind in the Door is the second book in the series that started with Newbery-winning A Wrinkle in Time. I hope to read the next book! Before I read the book The City of Ember, I HATED science fiction, but now I am open to reading these books. Before The City of Ember, I hadn't read A Wrinkle in Time, A Wind in the Door, or When You Reach me. These four books totally changed my view of science fiction!

Rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment