Friday, June 25, 2010

ALA Day One

Today was the day ALA Annual 2010 started!  I have to admit I was a bit nervous and REALLY excited.  To start the day I recorded paragraph 16 for the Random House’s community-sourced recording of "The Wizard of Oz.”  Way cool because I LOVE audio books.  Then I went to register and explore the convention center.  Finding out where the elevators are is important for me.  I got to talk to several people (some of you even recognized me from my blog!).  And then it was time for the STACKS to open. Wow, every book lover should go at least once!  Bookarama and I have so many ARCs, yippee!!!  I expected the STACKS to be in a hotel ballroom-sized area with a few scattered tables with white table clothes.  Boy was I wrong!  There was an area that was over two blocks long (it went under a street!).  The signs lit up and the tables were everywhere.  Each booth had lots of tables covered with books on top of more books.  Whereever you looked, there were stacks of books on the floor and sculptures of books that were made to keep all of them under control!  It was amazing and great fun!!!!!!!  Tomorrow is a jam-packed day and I can't wait, but I have to sleep sometimes. 

3 comments:

  1. Have a great time Laura!!! Can't wait to read more about your ALA adventures!
    Z-Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having a WONDERFUL time! Thank you for following my blog and for writing a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to ALA once but I've never been to the Stacks. Didn't even know it exits. Thanks for the education!

    ReplyDelete