Monday, April 18, 2011

Messenger

This book is a GREAT companian to The Giver and Gathering Blue.  Throughout the whole book the first two books were tied up and I felt like the loose ends of the first books were tied up perfectly.  I liked how Gabrial and Jonas/Leader were both mentioned in this book, I felt it brought in the fact that this book was a companion to The Giver, but I thought that because Kira and Matt (now Matty) were such main parts of the book and their names hadn't changed like Jonas's had that this book went better with Gathering Blue than The Giver.  Also, until the very end of Gathering Blue, you don't get a possible reference at all to The Giver.  I really liked these books and their plots individually, and the 3rd book did tie up loose ends from the 1st 2 books, but I think that The Giver really stands alone and Gathering Blue and Messenger are companian books.  What do you think?

Rating:  ****

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Laura. I'll add these books to my Good Reads list. How in the world do you have so much time to read? I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! You always seem to come up with the best activities for us..Love it...

    ReplyDelete