Sunday, April 10, 2011

Okay For Now

I really really liked this book as my 2nd Mock Newbery of the year. I read it on my Bluefire Reader app on my iPad2 (one of the best things about it is that it is compatible to all eBooks) as an ARC that I got via NetGalley (so convenient that the have e versions!). I really like how Doug liked Audubon and how he kind of changed Doug's life. Doug started out as a chump that didn't make me want to like him very much, but his experiences moving to and living in Marysville changed him and made him a better and more likable person. I fell in love with the story and spent hours thinking about it while at school and other places (I couldn't take it with me everywhere in case my iPad got stolen). I recommend this book to EVERYONE, but don't get discouraged if you don't like the beginning.

Rating: *****

2 comments:

  1. Laura, did you read Wednesday Wars? I listened to it on CD. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I remembered this post that I had read and then had to jump off computer for some reason. Today when I read the preview of the New York Times book review for tomorrow's paper, I wanted to make sure you see it: http://bit.ly/jrFDv3.

    I love OKAY FOR NOW and also WEDNESDAY WARS, but do like this newest one even better.

    ReplyDelete