Wednesday, September 28, 2011

More Harry Potter Talk

That Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets all made the FUSE Top 100 all made the FUSE Top 100 is no surprise to me. JK Rowling’s books have been some of the most popular children books in my lifetime and some people say in any time. I was at the “young” end of the original Potter craze; my parents talk about how often the books looked even bigger than me when I read them. Now I have read the series several times over and had the added bonus of listening to them being read by Jim Dale as audio books on family car trips. If you haven't heard these audio books yet, go RIGHT NOW and get them, they are amazing!


The Harry Potter books were banned because they talked about magic.  That made them unchristian, so some people decided that people shouldn't be allowed to read them.  Because a book talks about something you don't believe in doesn't mean you can take away other people's right to read it.  That is just not fair to all of the people in the world who would have loved the Harry Potter series but didn't get to read it because it was banned.

No comments:

Post a Comment