Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lend Your Voice, Sneek Peek

When I was in Washington DC for ALA I got to record paragraph 16 for Random House’s community-sourced recording of "The Wizard of Oz.”  This was super cool for several reasons: first, I love audio books, I listen to them all the time in the car and sometimes if I feel too sick to read; second, lots of really amazing people participated (authors, librarians, editors) and my reading is going to be together with theirs!; and finally when it is done, the audio book will be made available for download for a donation, and all those donations will go to First Book.  First Book is a not for profit that provides new books to kids in need, a cause I really believe in.  All kids should have books of their very own!

Today the nice folks from Random House Audio & Listening Library sent me my section and said I could share it with you.  Click below to hear me read, and stay tuned for when the download is available  in August!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work, Laura! Hey, you got a shout out from Monica Edinger at Educating Alice:
    http://medinger.wordpress.com/2010/08/06/lending-my-voice-to-the-wizard-of-oz/

    Lumped in with Rebecca Stead, Jon Scieszka, Tanita Davis... that's pretty good company!
    -Sam B. from Cincinnati

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sam, I just went and read that post it was a super cool list!

    ReplyDelete