Monday, September 13, 2010

Mockingjay

For a lot of people, this was the most anticipated book of the year.  Although I shared some of the excitement, I wasn't anticipating the book as much as those who have stayed with the series.  I purposefully didn't read the first two so that I could judge the book as a Mock Newbery t for itself and not the rest of the books in the series.  I loved the book, it was very captivating.  But, it was confusing, even at the end I didn't know what the Quarter Quell was or even the concept behind the Hunger Games.  Katniss's story was fun to read and there was always something new when you turn the page.  And her determination to kill Snow had a surprising end.  I think that this book has potential to be the Newbery, but it is hard because I believe this book might have been better if I had read the first two. 

Rating:  *****

No comments:

Post a Comment