Wednesday, February 2, 2011

So B. It

So B. It is the story of Heidi’s very complicated family and her journey to find out who she is and where she came from. So Be It (Heidi’s mom) has an intellectual disability and it adds to the interest of the story, but I was uncomfortable about some of the language used in this book to describe people with disabilities. I hate the term handicapped and in this book Bernadette, the responsible adult role model, used it. I liked that in this story the journey Heidi took to find out who she was really was a journey and the reader gets to go along. I am looking forward to reading As Simple as It Seems (I got the ARC today!).


Rating: *****

2 comments:

  1. i would buy this for the cover. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. My reading class is reading this now! I really like. We'll read your blog when we get on the computers tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete