Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Absolute Value of Mike

I LOVED this ARC!  The only thing I didn't like was the fact that every single character in the story, excluding no one, was dealing with the death of a loved one.  It made the story sad and I don't usually like sad books.  I actually got to talk to the author again when I was in the middle of the book (see my last post) and someone else pointed out this, but she said she didn't purposly do it, but looking back everyone did have a loved one die.  I really liked how each chapter was titled (a math term and the definition) and how the cover was designed (256 pages + (y) + x squared = a novel).  I enjoyed how Mike's dad was a engineer and math genius and wanted Mike to be to, but Mike did not want to.  Mike was a different kind of engineer, and, as he figured out at the end of the book, he was alot better at engineering life instead of mathimatics.  I found this story nice and enjoyed it thouroughly.  Thank you, Kathy, for sending me the ARC!

Rating:  *****

No comments:

Post a Comment