Monday, January 9, 2012

Breadcrumbs

I had the unusual experience of disusing this book with others when I was only 1/2 done with it. Because this book is written in two parts it is actually possible to talk about it in two parts.  I like the book as a whole, but if I had to pick my favorite is part 1.  I felt like part one had a combination of reality and fantasy that was really great.  Part 2 seemed to be more fantasy and I missed the reality.  Hazel's adventures saving Jack were fun to hear about, but it seems like it could never happen.  Also, there were some loose ends that were not tied up at the end. I would recommend this book to anyone, and I think that girls and boys could both enjoy it.  I don't think it will be this year's Newbery, but I look forward to reading more from  Anne Ursu

No comments:

Post a Comment